I found this Baked Spaghetti recipe on allrecipes.com and decided to give it a try today.
- 1 pkg spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef (I used half beef and half italian sausage)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 32oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan (I used an Italian blend not just parm)
- 5 tbs butter, melted
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese, divided (I used low fat)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (I used Italian blend)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes, Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir beef and onion until meat is browned and onions are soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a large bowl. Mix in pasta and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti into the baking dish. Top with half of each of: the cottage cheese, the mozzarella cheese, and the meat sauce.
- Repeat layers. (I saved some of my mozzarella cheese for the top). Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated over for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20-25 minutes longer.
Verdict: very good! Highly recommend. Hubby had 2 large servings.
I made 2 pans of this, am I the only one who does that? If I am going to put the time and work into making something like this or lasagna – you know with lots of ingredients…why not make 2. I may freeze some but plan to have this for lunches this week.
*I recommend putting something in the bottom of your oven, my pans dripped stuff all over the bottom of my oven, so it is now on the selfclean cycle!
Have you tried any new recipes lately? We have a lot of recipes on this site here – check them out!