We are going to start sharing monthly favorites. I started this post thinking it was going to be for January – well it is now mid-Feb and it hasn’t been posted yet, so for now – I am going to call it Recent Favorites or Yummies!
Here are a few of our monthly favorites.
- This blog. We really got going and found a groove this month! I am thoroughly enjoying sharing my life with you. It seems everything I do now, I think oh! I can blog about it!
- Le Chat Mood Nail polish. I posted about it here. I am on day 15 of the manicure and have only had chipping on both pointer fingers. Granted once the chipping starts I pick the whole nail off! I highly recommend this polish. I found it at the place I normally go as well – so that is a good thing!
- The Bachelor. As you know we have been watching
obsessivelyregularly. Love, Drama, Crying – what’s not to love. Check out our posts here.
- Spray Bottle Vinegar. I picked this up at Wegman’s. This bottle is so handy to keep at work to spray on your vinegar for your salads!
I can’t wait to finish this boring vinegar and fill this bottle with yummy blueberry vinegar from LOVE. Do you all have a store like this – it is an olive oil and vinegar store. I have given this for Christmas gifts before as well! This store is a great, it is in downtown Frederick and they have many flavored oils and vinegars on tap! It is so good.
My favorite is the Wild Blueberry:
From the website: This Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar exhibits lower acidity and a bit more sweetness than our Aceto Balsamico de Modena. Like all Balsamic Vinegars, you can use this Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar over any garden salad. While it will pair up with any unflavored oil, using lighter Extra Virgin oil like Arbequina or Mission will allow you to experience the maximum Blueberry flavor.
Notes: It is very tasty and unique paired with Blood Orange or Lemon olive oils. Try it drizzled over fresh sliced peaches, cantaloupe, fruit salad and ice cream. As an added surprise, we found it equally delicious over Blue, Feta and Goat Cheeses.
- Bobbi Brown Beach Roller Ball – From Sephora’s description: This bestselling scent captures the atmosphere and attitude of summer. Designed with an intoxicating (fyi and full disclosure – I have not gotten intoxicated yet on it) blend of jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin, this eau de parfum is wearable anytime, anywhere.
- Berries and Yogurt. It is funny, Russell and I started a health kick a few months back, and our nightly snack was cut up melons – watermelon and cantaloupe mostly. Well when those stopped being in season we struggled for a while as to what our nightly snack could be. Well I started noticing berries at Costco – blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. I have never been a fan of any of them other than strawberries. Now you know I love me a blueberry muffin – but never really enjoyed eating blueberries themselves. Anyway – I love them all. We do add a dab of yogurt and grape nuts for some crunch!
- Cool Touch Kleenex – these kleenex are seriously life-changing. I will buy nothing else. I have given these to coworkers for Christmas before! Seriously do yourself a favor and get you some! When you see them in packs of 4 snatch them up! Kleenex gods – please don’t discontinue these kleenex!
- Eye Brow Pencil – so I have been trying to “do my eyebrows”. I have had products but never used them really. The two middle items below have been recently released at the drugstore. I have had the IT cosmetics pencil and the Chella gel for a while, but again have never really been consistent with using them. The Brow define and fill makes this so easy. The Brow Drama is a bit thick, but it easily wipes off, and it seems so much faster!
- Laundry Shelf – a couple of months ago we got a new washer and dryer. We bought the Maytag Bravos XL for anyone interested. Well I was used to storing most of my laundry supplies on my former dryer – which was flat! Well this one is not flat and the first time I did laundry my Oxyclean tub fell off and spilled everywhere – that was ICK. Anyway – handy hubby put this shelf up to keep my laundry supplies at an easy to reach level. Speaking of easy to reach – I have to use kitchen tongs (I thought they were in the picture – but I may have snapped that before I had come up with that solution!) to get things like socks out of my uber deep washer!
- Do Terra Essential Oils. Both On Guard (which I posted about here) and Citrus Bliss come to mind. We have been going through a lot of the soft gels these days. We have had so much cold and snow – come on spring!! Crystal has recently gotten into some of the oils and reminded me of Citrus Bliss. It is one of my favorites and have been dabbing it on my daily. I love the scent. Citrus Bliss is supposed to stimulate creativity. From DoTerra’s site: Citrus Bliss® Invigorating Blend merges the benefits of citrus essential oils. We combine the powerful essences of Wild Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Bergamot, Tangerine, and Clementine with a hint of Vanilla Absolute to form this unique and harmonious blend. Citrus Bliss has natural, potent compounds with cleansing properties. You can buy it here.
- Color Catchers – Crystal told me about these a few years ago – and I never really used them. Well a couple months ago we got a new washer and dryer, and the capacity of the washer is HUGE. So I have found that I am combining loads that I didn’t used to combine before…soooo I have been using these. I think they really work.
- My mother-in-law Carolyn (Hi Carolyn!) introduced these to me awhile ago. Now I have to have them in the drawer. They have small, medium and large covers – which really look like a shower cap – in the package. You can re-use them. We love them.
- Ruger – Ruger should always be on my favorite list. He is our australian shepherd. He turned 3 in January. He loves love loves the snow, so has been loving the weather we have been having lately.
- Peppermint Mocha Gevalia. I posted about the pumpkin spice latte here, and have meant to tell you all about this one. OHMYGOODNESS it is soo good. I buy all of the boxes when I see them, as I know they are seasonal. I scored two boxes today! YAY!
Do you have any new favorites to share?