My last diaper cake tutorial was such a hit, I decided to post another. This time our coworker is having a girl, so we wanted to do a bit more girly of a themed cake.
- Diapers (we used size 1)
- Cake Pans to form cake rounds – 3 different sizes would be ideal (or different sizes for each layer).
- cake board or plate
- Rubber bands (enough for all of your layers)
- Ribbon (enough for all of your layers)
- double stick tape
- Paper Towel tube for support
- flowers or other decorations for the top
We started this cake with a lot of diapers! We used size 1 again.
This time we used cake pans to form the “cake” rounds. We had 2 different sizes.
One by one layer the diapers to form the circle. Tuck the diapers toward the center to form the circle.
Then secure circle with a rubber band.
Add the paper towel tube to provide a support for the layers.
Cover the rubber band with pretty ribbon, and secure with double stick tape. Make sure you do this pretty tightly.
Keep building the layers and adding them to the support. Repeat the rubber band, ribbon process.
We stopped at three layers.
We topped with some silk flowers.
We also did Hershey Bars for favors. We alternated coloring in the Her or the She in Pink Markers. It was fun.