One our favorite bloggers Ashley does this type of post and Crystal and I wanted to give it a try! We joined forces for this post! Be sure to check out Ashley’s blog and tell her that we sent you!
- Halo Top Ice Cream. First of all this will get its own post when they sponsor me! HELLO HALO TOP CALL ME! At the beginning of the year, I started living a low-carb lifestyle and found Halo Top. Thank you for making Halo Top! Healthy Ice Cream – hold the phone! This ice cream is low-calorie, high-protein, and low sugar. If you eat an entire pint is typically around 300 calories…not that anyone should do that! I have tried a LOT of flavors! Don’t judge me! It might be easier to tell you what I haven’t tried! But I will give you my quick opinion on the ones I have tried.
- Lemon Cake – not my fave and not lemony enough. Would NOT repurchase (though some people have this listed as a fave)
- Mint Chip – very good. I would repurchase.
- Birthday Cake – It was ok, wouldn’t repurchase. Costco sells this one in a 4 pack!
- Peanut Butter Cup – AWESOME, would and have repurchased for sure in my top 2!
- Sea Salt Caramel – It was ok, not sure I would buy again.
- S’mores – I didn’t like it. I wouldn’t repurchase it.
- Oatmeal Cookie – I really liked it and would repurchase.
- Black Cherry – I really like it, would and have repurchased.
- Red Velvet – My fave!!! HALO TOP – are you listening? Sell those brownie bites separately, you will make a fortune! So good, would and have repurchased!
Want to know what other flavors there are? Vanilla Bean (Costco sells a 4 pack), Chocolate, Strawberry, Chocolate Mocha Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies and Cream, Pistachio, and Chocolate Almond Crunch. I would like to try Pistachio next, but am afraid of a let down!
They have the cutest covers!
Seriously, if you are trying to watch calories or carbs and want something sweet, give this a try. Literally one or two bites takes the edge off for me. I find them at Wegmans, Whole Foods, Safeway or Target. Get you some! -Kerry
2. You know that we love all things Bachelor Nation here at Fabulous Indeed! Crystal and I were both big fans of the twins on Ben’s season and Bachelor in Paradise. I don’t think I posted about it but I did watch Ben and Lauren’s show on Freeform, and recently the Twins got their own show too! The Twins happily ever after?
I just can’t. I have given it a good try. I gave the show approximately three hours of my life, that I CAN NOT GET BACK. I am so disappointed. Crystal and I chatted a lot about this the other day and we felt the same. They are trying to learn to adult. The show is all emojis and honestly the twins being dumb. I don’t think that they are really dumb, they actually are very funny and seem smart. I hope it is an act, but I don’t know. They live with their mom and the mom cuts the crust off their sandwiches and lies about a fish that died years ago. They break things in the house, and leave it for mom to clean up – what are you 12? Wait, even 12 year olds don’t do that. Really? Yes they need to learn to adult. Since when is that a verb? Sorry ladies, I can’t do it. Hope to see ya’ll in Paradise.
I completely agree with Kerry about the show…however I only gave it 15 minutes of my life before I called Kerry to see if the show continued like the first 15 minutes. My 12-year-old daughter was in the room while I was watching and I found that I had to keep telling her not to act like they were! It just wasn’t worth the effort. I know the show is supposed to be fun but I think the twins are probably very smart so I wish they wouldn’t be so dumb for the TV show. I get that they are possibly acting and getting paid well for doing so but come on! Rise up ladies!! -Crystal
3. Crystal and I both got Country Heat recently. First of all, I am a workout DVD junkie, one would think I would be skinnier. Anyway, I country line dance with a bunch of friends almost weekly. So ever since I heard about this workout, I wanted it! Well, I got an email for a special and jumped on it – not knowing Crystal was getting it too!
I really like the format. There are several different workouts and a schedule that you can follow (or if you are Crystal do your own thing!). I have only done week one and therefore just two of the routines. (I got this nasty cold/flu sickness that took two weeks of my life. During that time, I wasn’t exercising.) It is recommended, and we both agree to watch the breakdown of each routine before doing it. I cheated a bit, because, I watched it, but sat down while watching it, and only watched Autumn do most of the moves 1 x….and fast forwarded the rest. If the move was more complicated, I may have watched it more than 1x.
Here is a screenshot of the breakdown. The girl on the right will always show some lower impact options, which is always nice.
This screenshot is the actual workout. So you get more people to watch, but your girl with the low options is still there. She is my friend and yours too!
Once you are in the real workout, you do each move 8 times in a row (8 full counts of the move). This is a great thing, cause you really learn it. Then you do a second move 8 times in a row. THEN you combine the 2 moves 8 counts each back to back for 4 times. Then you move on to the next 2 moves.
I have done most of the workouts so far because I just refuse to follow the guidelines and calendar. I have enjoyed all of the routines. I suck at a lot of them but I just keep on moving like I know what I’m doing. I keep on moving until someone walks in the room. No one in my household needs me until I turn on the DVD that is for sure. Once I start busting a move everyone comes running to the living room. I am trying not to scare off my husband so I always hit the pause button until he wanders off. Nobody needs to see all this in action. Trust me. -Crystal
4. When I’m not working out with Country Heat I’m baking cakes because I like to make zero progress in life, obviously. Rose and I have been taking cake decorating classes at Michael’s recently. This has been on my bucket list for a long time now. The first class we took was on fondant. It was so much fun, the instructor was fantastic and we learned so much in two hours!
Rose and I are determined to make a decent looking cake for the next upcoming family birthday! It happens to be my birthday so no pressure Rose! We had a class set up for this week but the date was changed. We had two cakes already baked so we decided to give it a go on our own. I purchased canned Wilton frosting because I thought that is what I should have for the class. We tried to color our frosting…our hands were covered in coloring! Then the frosting was too thick for the tips we chose so it wouldn’t come out of the bag. Needless to say we are looking forward to our upcoming class this weekend. I think we need some more instruction!
I think this is suitable?! No?
Check out your Michael’s to see if they have classes. – Crystal
5. My husband recently texted me and told me that we needed the Turbo Scrub 360. I thought he wanted it for him. I wanted it for him and not me. He never really asks for much so I ordered it for him. For a low, low price I even got TWO! One for him and another one for him as a backup!
That is what love is. Always making sure he has a backup cleaning tool! Honestly, I can’t remember how much I paid and what the base package was because I kept clicking yes to all the extra options!
He has cleaned with it and it did a good job. I thought I would give it a whirl so I took the long handle extensions off and cleaned the countertops and sink with it. It was kinda fun dare I say! It cleans very well.
There are all kinds of brushes and they work pretty darn good. I would say this was a good purchase. I would still prefer if a cleaning fairy would magically show up at my house but the chances of that happening are looking slim to none. -Crystal
That’s all folks. We hope you all have a great weekend!