We are coming up to Graduation Season so we thought we should put together a Graduation Gift Guide. Our other gift guides have been a hit, so why not keep coming up with ideas of gifts to give to others (or to us!). There are a few types of Graduates, and this list is pretty inclusive of all of them. Whether you have a high school graduate heading off to travel or to College, or a College graduate going into their first REAL job, there are items on this list! Do you have any ideas that we may have overlooked? If so, please share them in the comments.
I loved this bag and think the color is so cute. They do have other colors available at Zappos!
- Prep for a gorgeous day out and about with this Echo Design® tote by your side!
- Polyester tote with multicolored stripe trim.
- Zipper closure.
- Dual shoulder straps.
- Signature logo patch.
- Flat base.
- Polyester lining.
- Interior zipper pocket and two slip pockets.
- Bottom Width: 14 1⁄2 in
- Depth: 7 1⁄4 in
- Height: 15 1⁄2 in
- Strap Length: 24 in
- Strap Drop: 11 in
- Weight: 12 oz
Travel Security Starter Set
I found this on The Container Store’s website. They have put together quite a few sets, and honestly, how nice is it that they put that stuff together for you! I wouldn’t mind getting this set!
How fun is this map? You can keep track of you all the places you go!
- Authentic & Clean Design – Made by cartographers. A map you can be proud to own or gift.
- US States – Each state is outlined so you can show where you’ve been in the US, Australia and Canada.
- Vibrant Colors – Make your travels stand out. Vibrant colors highlight your travels and each bordering country has a different color
- Perfect gift with unique packaging – Remind them of their stories as you share special travel moments and memories. It will be a cherished item on their wall!
For the Apple lover, who also loves International Travel.
- The World Travel Adapter Kit includes a set of seven AC plugs with prongs that fit different electrical outlets around the world.
- The Kit is designed to work with iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple MagSafe Power Adapters, Portable Power Adapters, and AirPort Express
- The AC plugs included in the World Travel Adapter Kit directly support outlets in North America, Japan, China, UK, Continental Europe, Korea, Australia, and Hong Kong.
- HAND GRIP CARRY CASE FOR SMART TRAVEL : Four compartments safely stores Electronic Accessories (Power Bank, Cables, USB Adapter, iPhone) & Passport (Cash, Passports, Boarding Passes, Credit Cards, Keys)
- NO MORE TANGLES, SCRATCHES OR DAMAGE – Fully customizable for electronics and accessory organization. Neatly manage cords and gadgets in one.
- AIR TRAVAEL NECESSITY : Pouch Case Bag for External Battery, Power Bank / Passport Wallets. Just Combine into a Single Case. Keep everything secure in one place.
- COMFORTABLE & VERSATILE : Constructed from ultra-lightweight, water-resistant 210D Ripstop Nylon. Hand Strip Enhances Portability.
- SIZE : 24cm x 13cm x 6.5cm / 9.4inch x 5.1inch x 2.5inch
This shower caddy is so fun! It was designed in Sweden.
- Use everyday: holds up to 9 objects, e.g. shampoo bottle, shower gel, razors,cloth,etc
- Make use of every last drop by hanging almost empty bottles upside down
- Adjustable hanging loops fit snug around any bottle, the head loop makes it easy to attach in any shower or bathroom
- Easy to clean, absoluty waterproof, made out of latex rubber
I have shared items from this brand before….We love it. It is a bit pricey, and I have found some other options, but still whole-heartedly recommend these products!
What it is: A multi-branded lip set with nude shades.
What it does: This set features one full size and five deluxe sizes of nude lip essentials.
It includes gorgeous neutrals, including deluxe sizes of Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Lip Gloss in Kristen to Marc Jacobs Cosmetics Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer in Sugar Sugar—plus, a full-size of Urban Decay’s Vice Waterproof Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Trivial. This set contains: – 0.07 oz/ 2 g Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Kristen (cool desert sand) – 0.06 oz/ 1.7 mL Marc Jacobs Beauty’s Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer in Sugar Sugar (champagne-gold shimmer) – 0.06 oz/ 2 mL NARS Cosmetics Velvet Lip Glide in Bound (rose pink) – 0.06 oz/ 1.75 g Tarte lippie lingerie matte tint in Revealed (light mocha) – 0.17 oz/ 5.3 mL Urban Decay Vice Waterproof Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Trivial (matte pink nude)
Who doesn’t love pictures! With today’s iPhones, people are printing less and less pictures! Well this handy dandy camera is like a polaroid from back in the day, it prints the pictures for you! Amazon has some great kits to go with this, including cases and straps. Be sure to buy some film too!
Now, if your grad has a dog, he or she may be without said dog for the first time while at school. Get him or her this! This dog, doesn’t mess, listens, and doesn’t eat anything!
I may be off-based with this suggestion, but I could see this being a great thing for a College Student. Especially if they are in a big city or on a big campus.
Get your prized bicycle off the floor and put it on display. This shelf saves space and keeps your bike from being knocked over. There’s even room on the shelf above for a helmet and other necessities.
DETAILS YOU’LL APPRECIATE
- Crafted of mango wood and iron.
- Wood features a vintage hand finish; iron has a powder coated finish.
KEY PRODUCT POINTS
- Overall: 12″ wide x 7″ deep x 12″ high
- Can store one bike only.
- Hardware included.
You can obviously pick a tool kit that isn’t pick if you are buying this for a guy! But, this one is so cute for a girl! Plus, a donation is made to breast cancer research for each purchase!
I can always use additional iPhone or iPad chargers. I liked this set. Make sure you get the right set for your Graduate’s devices.
You’ve heard of the Red Solo Cup, but who doesn’t want a copper party cup!
- A classy twist on a classic cup
- Whether you are serving a Moscow Mule or straight up beer, the Copper Party Cup will add some panache to your party
- Copper party cup holds 16 ounces
- Made of copper plated steel
How often do you see the words “beer opener” and “survival” in the same sentence. Well you do here!
his stainless steel tool card is the perfect tool to have in your wallet for everyday use, or survival emergency use. It will come in handy all the time, since it features 11 great everyday use tools, including:
– Can opener
– Sharp edge
– Flat screwdriver
– Beer bottle opener (cap opener)
– 4 positions wrench for various size bolts and nuts
– Butterfly wrench
– Saw blade
– Direction auxiliary indication
– 2 position wrench
– Lanyard hole (key ring hole).
This is an overall great and inexpensive tool to have with at any time. Give it a shot!
What would you do with 36 hours in a various city or area? This book helps you plan any of these types of weekends out. What a great idea!! I wish I had had that idea!
There are other versions of this book including -if anyone is listening, I would kind of like them all!
I am almost 45 years old (hush, I know that is old), and could probably use this book!
This is a New York Times Bestseller.
If you graduated from college but still feel like a student . . . if you wear a business suit to job interviews but pajamas to the grocery store . . . if you have your own apartment but no idea how to cook or clean . . . it’s OK. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Just because you don’t feel like an adult doesn’t mean you can’t act like one. And it all begins with this funny, wise, and useful book. Based on Kelly Williams Brown’s popular blog, ADULTING makes the scary, confusing “real world” approachable, manageable-and even conquerable. This guide will help you to navigate the stormy Sea of Adulthood so that you may find safe harbor in Not Running Out of Toilet Paper Bay, and along the way you will learn:
- What to check for when renting a new apartment-Not just the nearby bars, but the faucets and stove, among other things.
- When a busy person can find time to learn more about the world- It involves the intersection of NPR and hair-straightening.
- How to avoid hooking up with anyone in your office — Imagine your coworkers having plastic, featureless doll crotches. It helps.
- The secret to finding a mechanic you love-Or, more realistically, one that will not rob you blind.
From breaking up with frenemies to fixing your toilet, this way fun comprehensive handbook is the answer for aspiring grown-ups of all ages.
This seems like it would be a great gift for someone who might be experiencing being on their own for the first time, whether it be post College or Post High School.
Mark Bittman’s highly acclaimed, bestselling book How to Cook Everything is an indispensable guide for any modern cook. With How to Cook Everything The Basics he reveals how truly easy it is to learn fundamental techniques and recipes. From dicing vegetables and roasting meat, to cooking building-block meals that include salads, soups, poultry, meats, fish, sides, and desserts, Bittman explains what every home cook, particularly novices, should know.
1,000 beautiful and instructive photographs throughout the book reveal key preparation details that make every dish inviting and accessible. With clear and straightforward directions, Bittman’s practical tips and variation ideas, and visual cues that accompany each of the 185 recipes, cooking with How to Cook Everything The Basics is like having Bittman in the kitchen with you.
This is the essential teaching cookbook, with 1,000 photos illustrating every technique and recipe; the result is a comprehensive reference that’s both visually stunning and utterly practical.
Special Basics features scattered throughout simplify broad subjects with sections like “Think of Vegetables in Groups,” “How to Cook Any Grain,” and “5 Rules for Buying and Storing Seafood.”
600 demonstration photos each build on a step from the recipe to teach a core lesson, like “Cracking an Egg,” “Using Pasta Water,” “Recognizing Doneness,” and “Crimping the Pie Shut.”
Detailed notes appear in blue type near selected images. Here Mark highlights what to look for during a particular step and offers handy advice and other helpful asides.
Tips and variations let cooks hone their skills and be creative.
- 101 Ramen Noodle Recipes or ideas
- Turn that packet into a gourmet treat!
- Great for backpackers
- Great for college student or budget conscious hungry people
- Note pages at the end for notes or recipe ideas
This book could be added to the microwave cooking bundle below too!
For years, The Naked Roommate has been the #1 go-to guide for your very best college experience!
From sharing a bathroom with 40 strangers to sharing lecture notes, The Naked Roommate is your behind-the-scenes look at EVERYTHING you need to know about college (but never knew you needed to know).
This essential, fully updated edition is packed with real-life advice on everything from making friends to managing stress. Hilarious, outrageous, and telling stories from students on over 100 college campuses cover the basics, and then some, including topics on
•Dorm dos, don’ts, and dramas
•Lying, noisy, nasty roommates
Finding People, Places, & Patience
•Social network dos and don’ts
•Friend today, gone tomorrow
•To go or not to go?
•How to get an A, C, or F
•17 kinds of college hookups
•Long distance = BIG concerns
The Party Scene
•The punch in the “fruit punch”
•Sex, drugs, and safety first
•Grants, loans, and loose change
•Credit cards and campus jobs
In college, there’s a surprise around every corner. Luckily, The Naked Roommate has you covered!
For the Home, Dorm or Apartment
- Made of 60% cotton and 40% polyester blend
- For use with shower curtain liner, sold separately
- Machine wash cold separately on gentle cycle, only non-chlorine bleach when needed; tumble dry low; warm iron on reverse
Wow George has come a long way!
- Evolve 4-in-1 Versatility- Grill, Panini Press, Bake Dish, Muffin Pan. The Evolve is designed for maximum cooking versatility. This model includes ceramic grill plates (for grilling and Panini pressing), a bake dish (for baking, sautéing, and griddling), and a muffin pan (for muffins, single-serve quiches, meatballs, and more.) Additional plate types for the Evolve are available for purchase
- Adjustable Cooking Angle – Use the slope or set it flat. You can drain excess fat from meat using the classic sloped grilling surface, or lay the grill flat when using the baking and muffin pans or creating gourmet Panini. A simple knob on the back of the grill makes it easy
- Adjustable Hinge- The 1-inch adjustable hinge accommodates everything from thick cuts of meat to thin-cut vegetables. You can even grill up a hearty sandwich, putting the finishing touches on a sub or Panini. The hinge really comes in handy when using the muffin pan
- Digital Control Panel- Delicious grilling starts with precise temperatures. The digital control panel displays the cooking time and grill temperature, which you can set from 325˚-450˚, plus a special button for the 500˚ searing burst. And cleanup is simple since the buttons are level with the grill exterior
- 5 Servings- Make meals the whole family will love! With 75 square inches of cooking surface, you can grill, bake, or toast, up to five servings of food all at the same time. Plus, with different plate options on the Evolve, you can make multiple types of food for a huge, complete meal in no time
- Meals in Minutes- From plug-in to plate, it doesn’t get much faster than this. The Evolve preheats quickly, efficiently grills and bakes all types of food, and its easy to cleanup thanks to the nonstick, removable plates. George Foreman fits delicious cooking into your busy lifestyle
- Remove 42% of Fat- The classic George Foreman Grill slope removes up to 42% of fat during cooking, conveniently draining grease into the dishwasher-safe drip tray. Plus, the nonstick ceramic surface allows you to skip the excess butter and oil in your cooking, further reducing the fat content without sacrificing the foods you love
- Removable Plates- The grill plates are completely removable and dishwasher-safe. Cool-touch release features make it easy to handle the plates even if they’re still warm. Wafle Pan not included
A lot of college students, get to decorate for the first time. I remember buying dishes when I first went to college, and I didn’t buy anything as cool as this. As you know, I would pick Fiestaware now.
These were inspired by traditional Moroccan tiles, and have an elaborate geometric design style similar to a mosaic, with blue, coral and white dishes bring Mediterranean flair to your table. It is nice that World Market sells 4 plates, 4 bowls, 4 salad plates separately.
I mean really, who doesn’t use plastic wrap. And, who doesn’t want a lovely dispenser?
Your days of fumbling, wadding, and frustration are over! With this clever plastic wrap, you simply pull out the length of wrap you need and slide the easy (and safe) slicer to cut. Such a cinch! Choose from six cute patterns, then simply refill rolls of wrap as you run out. And if the clever dispenser wasn’t awesome enough, here’s a bonus: This is absolutely, positively the best plastic wrap this side of the Mississippi! (And the other side, too.) It’ll cling to pretty much anything, and will make you a much happier person. Zip safe, slide cutter, BPA Free, Made in USA. Comes with one dispenser and one roll of wrap. Vibrant, colorful, and bursting with fun!
- Professional Plastic Wrap
- Zip safe slide cutter
- 250 Feet
- By Chic Wrap
Be sure to order a refill too!
We are on our second Keurig in my house. We love it. I think this would be great in a college dorm room or apartment. You can get various colors, sizes and features, get what meets your Graduates needs!
This for sure falls into the category of buy this for Crystal or Kerry now! We aren’t graduating from anything right now – but these are adorable!
Quilted with an intricate floral pattern and crafted of 100% cotton, this quilt is a bold teal on one side and vibrant oasis green on the other side. Feeling Blue or Green – this quilt has you covered (haha pun intended).
- Made of 100% cotton shell and filling
- Coordinating pillow shams are available
- Available in full/queen and king sizes
- Machine wash separately in cold water; don’t bleach; tumble dry low; warm iron if needed
I love the, they come in a
few different colors! Buy them all! At the time of this posting, the other colors are out of stock! But if you click into that link later, maybe you will get lucky – if you are lucky – buy them all!
Money and Services
Everybody likes money! Here are a few other ideas, that are more like money or gift certificates!
I think a Netflix Membership would be a great gift. Or updating your own membership so multiple people can watch at onetime. I haven’t had a Netflix membership in a while, I had no idea there were so many different options.
Be sure you search, as there are special student memberships. Getting your graduate their own Prime account, may ultimately save you money, since your credit card isn’t stored in their “new” account, unless of course you give them your credit card. But that isn’t my concern!
This one is pretty self explanatory. Really any gift card would be well received. Think restaurants, Starbucks, movies, activities, maybe even the College Bookstore? Costco sells bundles of gift card at a discount, could be a place to check out.
College Starter Kit
Not sure what to get? Container Store decided, get it all with this starter kit.
From their site:
Sometimes, getting started is the hardest part of getting organized. That’s why we created Starter Kits. For this kit, we’ve pulled together essentials to make it easy to get your Dorm room in order.
Our College Starter Kit includes: (1) Solid Wood Stackable Folding Bookshelf, (1) Large Acrylic Makeup Organizer, (1) Umbra Dublet Closet Rod Expander, (1) elfa Platinum Fridge Cart, (1) Bunk Bed Organizer, (1) Umbra Canvas Stuffle Carry All Laundry Bag, (1) Casabella Flexible Shower Tote, (1) Case of 40 Huggable Hangers, (1) Case of 4 Clear Large Tint Stacking Drawers, (1) Case of 4 Clear Underbed Drawers and (1) Value Pack of 6 Medium Designer Command Hooks.
This set is currently on sale, but is still pricey. But, if you already want all of these things, may be a great way to save some money!
How about combining Tide Pods, Dryer Sheets, Fabric Softener, Stain Remover, Laundry bags, and Laundry baskets. Add rolls of quarters if your Grad is going to be using a Laundromat. Maybe an iron and ironing board would be good in this bundle? I never iron!
These Baskets are stackable!
Microwave All the Food
I think it could be a good bundle to gift a Microwave, this microwave cleaner (a good reminder of their mama!),
Shew – at least you know they won’t starve! I could see a Toaster Oven being a good idea too!
We hope you were able to find a gift for you favorites grads from this Graduation Gift Guide! Maybe even a little something for yourself also!
Please check out the Mothers Day Gift Guide.
Please be advised that some of the links provided are affiliate links and we do receive a small commission if you make a purchase using those links. This does not cost you any extra when you make a purchase. We very much appreciate your support of this blog in doing so!