Food

June 2, 2017
Aldi Low Carb Elevation by Millville Carb Conscious Bars

I recently saw a review of the Elevation by Millville Carb Conscious bars! Do you Aldi?  I don’t usually but figured we would stop in and pick them up.  I have tried to like Aldi, but I just don’t love it, it is like a cult though – people LOVE IT and swear by it.  I hate the whole cart thing, I know, I know you get your quarter back, but you must have a quarter to start with!  I hate the no bags thing, I know, I know I should bring my own, but sometimes I don’t.  I hate the whole cash thing, I know, I know – they are keeping prices low!  All of these things just annoy me.  I also hate that you never know what you will find, and that each store is different.  Wait, Kerry are you going to be positive in this post?  Yes, Yes I am.  Russell and I decided to pop in after dinner the other night and I picked up a few things, including these bars!

My store had 6 flavors.  I chose 4 of them.  I left behind Coconut Almond and Cranberry Almond.  I don’t like coconut, and Russell doesn’t like cranberries….I will go back and get them though for us to try them, now that we tried these others.

I picked up Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat, Caramel Double Chocolate, Peanut Butter Fudge, and Caramel Nut (this flavor isn’t on their website – so not sure why?).

Aldi Low Carb Elevation by Millville Carb Conscious Bars

I just noticed that some are called: Light Meal, Endulgent Treat and Breaktime bars!

Russell and I tried 2 on the first night and split both bars.

Peanut Butter Fudge Crisp

Aldi Low Carb Elevation by Millville Carb Conscious Bars

I should have thought to give you some perspective on how small they were.  I took one bite, and then another and that was about 1/2 way.  Then passed it on to Russell.

We both really liked it.  This would for sure cure a sweet tooth or just a I NEED something tooth.  OR, have on hand when people around you will be eating yummy things that you are choosing to not eat!  I would for sure buy again!

Caramel Nut

Aldi Low Carb Elevation by Millville Carb Conscious Bars

Again, I took 2 bites and passed it on.  Very good.  I would buy again.

Night 2 – we picked the last 2 to try.

Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat

Aldi Low Carb Elevation by Millville Carb Conscious Bars

2 bites and passed it, very good, I would buy again!

Caramel Double Chocolate Crunch

Aldi Low Carb Elevation by Millville Carb Conscious Bars

2 bites, and passed.  This was both of our favorites, that isn’t to say the others weren’t good but this for sure stood out as the favorite!  Russell said some of the others had a diet bar after taste sort of, I didn’t notice that.  I would buy this one again!

So, as you can see they range from 130-170 calories per bar and 2 to 3 grams NET Carbs (Carbs minus Fiber and Sugar Alcohols).

Aldi Low Carb Elevation by Millville Carb Conscious Bars

I recommend heading to Aldi to give these a try.  They do have malitol in them, which a lot of people stay away from.

I have no idea what I paid for them!  I will update with that info.  I do know that I bought Olive Oil cooking spray, these 4 boxes of bars, a think of chipotle peanuts, and a big bag of walnuts and spent around $20!  So they aren’t expensive!!

Have you tried these?  Will you try these?  Do you have any other items you want me to be sacrificial and try out?  What are your must haves from Aldi?

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Sherry ramsey September 24, 2018 at 2:06 pm

Where do you get the 2 net carbs from besides the front of the box? I looked at other websites that actually list the nutritional information and it’s 15 or more carbs and only 5g of fiber?

• Reply Iron Stef March 14, 2018 at 3:11 pm

I always have an Aldi quarter in the car and have 7 reusable bags that live in my car so I am always ready. I got after my weekly gym sesh with my trainer, not every week but every other week. Mine takes credit cards and always has since I’ve been going there. They have sprouted grain bread too! It’s half the price of Ezekiel. Great price on frozen salmon too.

• Reply CP Gallaty August 27, 2018 at 8:14 pm

Long time Aldi shopper, and I buy most of my groceries there. There are some branded items that I won’t give up like Jif Natural Peanut Butter, and Hellman’s mayonnaise, but I buy 90% of my staples at Aldi, and now that they’ve increased their meat department — almost all my meat (except for an occasional ribeye on sale elsewhere).

And I love the Elevation Chocolate Caramel Nougat bars .. they are hard to come by, but I scoop whatever they have when I find them.

My husband and I both keep a couple of insulated bags and of course a quarter in the car, and I’ve never been one to pay for groceries on credit, so debit card is fine with me.

• Reply Heather December 6, 2017 at 6:46 pm

About 15 years ago Aldi had that pre-Glastnost stand in line for toilet paper ambience to it, so I stayed away. I went back this weekend and boy have things changed. You still need a quarter and your own bags, but I spent $89 for 6 giant bags of groceries. A lot of organic veggies. They had the chocolate coconut Elevation bar… try these! They taste like a mounds bar with a lot less sugar but the same flavor. So good. I’m going back next weekend!

• Reply fabulousindeed December 7, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Yeah I don’t like coconut, but hubby likes those!
      ~k

• Reply Chelsea August 3, 2017 at 12:30 pm

We recently discovered these bars and love them. They are a little less than a $1 per bar, which is better than the official Atkins bars. And I completely agree, the Caramel Double Chocolate is the BEST! They are so good when you need a smidge of sweetness to curb a craving or to make you through til dinner.

On a side note, all Aldi’s I have been to have begun to accept credit cards, not just cash or debit. That might convert you to the Aldi cult 🙂 Their produce is like nothing else! Great place to stock up on low-carb diet necessities!

• Reply fabulousindeed August 4, 2017 at 6:19 am

Chelsea – Thank you so much for your comment! Interesting about the credit cards – I will have to check the 2 near me. They are both a bit out of the way from where I typically am when I go shopping – but my stash of these bars has dwindled to 1 box left! Starting to panic a little!
      I have since picked up the the Atkins equivalent to the Caramel Double Chocolate, and honestly prefer the Aldi version!
      K

• Reply Cassandra Wolf November 30, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Hey girl. I don’t know if you are into butter as much as we are (Um. Obsessed is more the word, thanks to low carb!) They have KerryGold brand. Also their milk prices are extremely hard to beat. Produce, the meats are actually USDA choice! And, yeah, they do accept cards .. Not only cash! I’m kinda getting on the Aldi bandwagon, as has my bff for ages!

• Reply Miranda June 2, 2017 at 10:38 am

We just recently got Aldi here in Gainesville. I haven’t visited yet but I have heard they have great deals!

• Reply fabulousindeed June 7, 2017 at 5:52 pm

We have one nearby but it’s not my favorite. I go in there every now and then just to double check that I’m not missing anything major! -Crystal