I found this recipe at www.lowcarbyum.com and decided to give it a try. I made the dough and then only cooked some of the cookies. And I took no pictures!
But I saved the dough, and made some more last night – and we were thrilled with my changes.
I found the original batch a bit bland, we ate them, but felt they needed something!
So last night, I took granulated sweetener and a little powdered swerve and mixed it with pumpkin pie spice. Rolled the balls in that and then flattened a bit and baked them off. OMG so good! I highly recommend that change! We are in the Pumpkin Spice season after all. I will try rolling in other things – like maybe cocoa and let you know how that goes. What are some other ideas?
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute (I use Erythritol)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream the butter and sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the cream cheese.
- Add the egg.
- Stir in the flours, then the vanilla
- Chill dough for at least 4 hours
- Use a cookie press or roll the dough and slice it, or ignore that all together and use a cookie scoop to get balls (like I did!)
- Bake at 350 F until cookies are brown – about 11 minutes for me. Cook longer for crisper cookies. They will be soft, but they harden as they cool.
The recipe as written without my adjustment comes out to .5 net carbs for 4 cookies, which is pretty darn good if you ask me!!!